Friday, December 26, 2014

December Days

There are only a couple of weeks between Lincoln's birthday and Christmas but we found plenty of fun. Jill, Kaley, Brecken and Saela came for a very fun overnight visit. It was a busy house but so fun to have everyone here. The kids are staggered with 14 months between each one; Brecken, Lincoln, Saela then Walker.

Baking day is a great tradition and I think we may have been less productive than ever. We still made plenty of things and found time for a walk around the block. Walker got to come to baking day cause he still needs his mommy. He was a great distraction and Dale was here to play too.
The big news is that I actually ran an entire mile before baking day started. I wanted to get a quick walk and decided to run part of it before the day got started. I kept going cause I could and ended up running the entire mile feeling quite accomplished.

Lincoln and I planned a morning to do a little Christmas shopping but when he asked if we could go hiking too, I couldn't decline. He likes to be on the trails and loves to visit the beaver lodge at the lake. I love being out in nature and I am thrilled that its also Lincoln's choice of activity. Today I asked him if he would still hike with me when he is a grown up and he agreed.
It was barely drizzling but he really likes his umbrella!
The Christmas shopping was a success. Three dollars at the Dollar Tree and Lincoln found perfect gifts for his mommy, his daddy and his baby brother. He made great decisions and took his task seriously.
Walker continues to be a ray of sunshine with his gorgeous smile and sweet voice. He is so happy and so very loving. I love spending time with him and listening as he learns new consonant sounds.
 
On Saturday I started the Christmas stocking for Jay and Briana's baby and I finished it on Tuesday morning on time to fill it for our family celebration on the 24th. It was a crunch but so fun to be knitting with purpose right at Christmas time.
 I just love our stocking tradition! Its exciting to add new stockings and find the right things to fill them. It's a favorite part of our holiday.
 More about our family gatherings soon. We traveled to Mason City to celebrate with the Nonnweilers on the 23rd then gathered here with my kids on the 24th. After our family gathering, I went to church with the Schrages then went to St. John for a later service with the traditional hymns and candlelight. It was a wonderful Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment