Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Orange Beach

If Talladega was the destination for Dale then Orange Beach, Alabama was my main destination. It had never been high on my list but since we were going to Alabama I certainly wanted to get to the coast. I love the Gulf of Mexico shores of Florida and I was not disappointed with Orange Beach. The first couple of photos are sunrise. Yes, we set the alarm when we are in a beautiful place.
 
 
 With just a little research I found a great place to eat. We both loved the food at Doc's. The shrimp was amazing and mixing my own cocktail sauce at the table was delicious and fun. It was so much fun that we almost missed sunset but we rushed to the beach and enjoyed a nice walk in the fading light.
 
Now THIS looks like vacation! I loved the pool and the beach, swimming in the pool, sitting in the sun, walking on the beach. It was heavenly. It was a fantastic 24 hours in Orange Beach.
 

Although we walked lots on the beach we also found this boardwalk heading through a state park to the shoreline. It was another great place to be in nature and keep up with my steps. Of course with a sunny beach I didn't have a hard time getting well over my goal for walking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment