Thursday, May 15, 2014

NOLA

 
Dale and I had both been to New Orleans before but since we were so close I wanted to go again. It is such a unique city with a very distinctive energy. I am so glad that we added it to our trip.
 



 We got a great hotel just a few blocks from the French Quarter and enjoyed walking around the area. It was a 24 hour visit but we put on lots of miles, actually ten full miles of walking the first day and we arrived at noon! It's a good thing that we got that much exercise with all of the great food.
 One of our breaks to rest our feet and cool off was at this tiny little bar in an alley. What a fun little find!  It was warmer than I would normally prefer but walking on the shady side of the street and little tables for drinks or snacks were very helpful.
 The food was amazing and Oceana just may have served me my  favorite dish for this trip. The sauce was amazing and the shrimp and alligator sausage were a delicious blend. The city is known for food and we got some of the favorites like muffalettas and red beans and rice also.
 
Yummy, beignets and café au lait for breakfast at an outdoor café!

I always look forward to walking down Bourbon Street but I prefer it early. I don't need to be on Bourbon Street after dark. I actually think Royal Street is my favorite. So grateful to get the chance to explore New Orleans again. It was a great stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment