Monday, May 19, 2014

Lawn Mower

I got a new lawn mower for my birthday from Jay and Briana. It' a great gift and although I was getting by just fine, I admit that it was probably needed. The old green machine was passed on to me by my mother-in-law in 1979 so I don't know how many years it has actually been mowing grass. It took a gas oil mix and sometimes left a bit of a blue smog as I trudged through the yard. The new machine takes less pushing because its self propelled and I no longer have to mix the oil and gas. It works great and for now its all pretty and shiny, but I did scuff up the handle a bit already getting too close to the neighbor's chain linked fence. I bet it will be awhile till it looks as bad as the old mower that was cutting my grass for the last thirty six years. If you know anybody who could use this old antique let me know or it will probably show up on my driveway with a "FREE" sign when the neighbors have a garage sale this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment