Friday, June 14, 2013

What a Week

 It's been an incredibly busy week with little sleep and lots of stress. . . all of my own making. It feels like a busy blur but many good things happened. My friend, Linda and I have talked about volunteering at VBS together and decided to do it this year. It brought back memories of us working together in children's ministry when our kids were little and it was fun to see her daughter Kimbo in action as a children's ministry director all week. We had a group of second graders that were sometimes cooperative and other times quite challenging. The hardest part was getting home at 9 pm then being too awake to fall asleep anywhere near my normal bedtime. It was a good but tiring experience!
 Tree shopping is something that I love to do so I agreed to help Ashley and Lincoln pick out two new trees. Of course it was a hot and horribly humid afternoon before a storm system hit. There were great mud puddles for Lincoln and Ashley found two great trees with lots of potential for shading a deck. It was incredibly hot but still fun. The bonus was spending the tornado warning at their house and having dinner together before VBS.
Thursday between work and VBS I got my hair cut and went with Briana for the final fitting for her wedding dress. It's just as beautiful as the day she picked it out and now it fits great too. I learned how to lace and bustle. It was a huge reminder that the wedding is just a couple of weeks away. We also spent a couple of afternoons loading all of their kitchen boxes into cars all ready for moving day which happens the day after VBS.
It has been a busy blur but there have been lots of good things too. Monday seems like a very long time ago when Lincoln and I walked to "Grammy's Park" and waded through the wet grass to get to the swings. This year he is much more interested in climbing all the structures and tackling the big slides but it was fun and I got some exercise. Looking forward to the weekend more than I can express and thinking a huge TGIF this week!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment