Monday, March 18, 2013

Sedona

Sedona has been on my short list of places to visit for years. It was part of the draw for choosing the race in Phoenix this year; Sedona and warmer weather. Sedona was absolutely beautiful but I have to admit that the gorgeous rock formations are not much different from other places where I have visited beautiful red rock formations. The biggest difference was the location of the town and the opportunity for food, lodging and shopping right there in the midst of the beauty.
It was a great stop on our trip. We did not stay over night but we did have a patio lunch with a breathtaking view. I am glad that we visited Sedona in the off season. The locals say it gets crazy busy with traffic backed up for two hours during the busier seasons. It was a wonderful stop and it shortened my short list.

No comments:

Post a Comment