Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Arizona Baseball

 Baseball was certainly a highlight of this trip. Sitting in the sunshine on a bleacher watching baseball and sipping a beer in March felt really great. It felt like summer! I didn't get to put my toes in any lakes or oceans on this trip but I did walk barefoot on the grassy hills for spectators in the outfield area. It was a Spring Training game between the Cubs and the Indians. It was a lopsided game but I didn't care.
 Although it was interesting to see a Spring Training facility, I am always anxious to visit the MLB parks. Arizona Diamondbacks play in Phoenix. It's too early for a game and when we read the website they said that tours were not available this week. We headed downtown anyway to just get a look at the exterior but got lucky when a wonderful young woman who was working in the restaurant that was about to open invited me go out into the dining area that is open to the field. She said to take my time and look around. It was almost like having personal access and I loved the surprise treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment