Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grand Canyon

Since we were so close Dale wanted to make a stop at the Grand Canyon when we left Sedona. I had visited the canyon when I was twelve and although it wasn't on my list, I didn't mind going. It was more impressive than I remembered and I am glad that I took the time to visit again. It was fairly close to sunset when we arrived so there were long shadows and low light but we did see one of the best sunsets of the trip. 

Since the road toward home went directly through the Grand Canyon National Park we stopped to look and photograph again in the morning. It was a treat to see the canyon again in the morning light. Dale snapped this photo of me with my iPod. I was enjoying being able to connect with family and friends with photos while I was away. Of course I always needed to wait for the wifi connection at the McDonald's in the next town to send the photo. Maybe someday I will enter this decade and get a smart phone.

 The Watch Tower was designed and built in the early thirties to provide a wide view of the Grand Canyon. I loved the architecture of the building and being able to climb the stairs to the top. It was another fun surprise find along the way. I am glad that we made the stop at the canyon; both days.

1 comment: