Friday, October 3, 2014

September Overnight

 About a week before vacation I found a time to invite Lincoln overnight. We always have a great time its just the challenge of scheduling. I am grateful that he is always willing. This time we started our overnight by inviting Uncle Jay and Aunt Breezy to go with us for ice cream. It was so nice.
 Lincoln and I planned for a movie night so we made popcorn then snuggled in the big chair to enjoy the popcorn and watch a movie. Lincoln chose Charlotte's Web. He went to bed very nicely looking forward to a hike in the woods in the morning.
 Lincoln is a great hiker and we had a wonderful time exploring the trails and noticing the changing season with falling leaves and acorns. Lincoln says, "I love hiking together with you, Grammy!" That's music to my ears!!

 We were in the woods an hour and a half and spent most of the time hiking. We did take some time to collect a large number of walnuts to toss into the pond nearby. We love the kerplunk and found that most of them sunk but some floated.
The trails were a little damp but that's ok. It was an opportunity to teach how to scrape shoes with sticks. I think we may get a chance to do that again today since I promised Lincoln a hike in the woods today even though we got plenty of rain yesterday. It'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment