Saturday, September 6, 2014

Nebraska

Last weekend Dale and I traveled to Nebraska for a relaxing visit with my cousins, John and Mel. They are great hosts and I always love our time together. John's a wonderful cook and it's so comfortable at their home. Watching the Husker game with a group of their friends, delicious food and home brewed beer was a bonus. We also got to visit my Aunt Betty who recently turned 85. She's ten years older than my mom who is her sister. When I am with Mom or Aunt Betty I feel like its a window to what I may be in twenty or thirty years. Those Wreghitt genes run strong!
  
It's always fun to spend time outside at John and Mel's and sunrise is my favorite time there. We got some produce from the garden and enjoyed a gator ride around the property. The sky is just huge at their home. Rarely do I travel to Lincoln Nebraska without stopping for a Runza so Dale and I had an early lunch on the way home. Runzas are delicious but not available much outside of Nebraska.
 We left early enough on Sunday morning to get ahead of the forecasted storms. Since we had a good head start we made a bit of a side trip to Glenwood, Iowa so that Dale could photograph the Mills County Courthouse. That's the 95th courthouse that we have visited in Iowa leaving just five more for Dale to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment