Friday, January 16, 2015

Early January

 Although December was more mild it really feels like winter now. January has been white and windy so it's been time for lots of indoor activities like playing legos, learning to crawl and watching snow plows.



 Jay had extra time off work after the holidays and suggested a lunch with Ashley and the boys. We got a huge bonus when we ran into Drew at Pablo's. I don't get to see him often but love having my nephew in town. The second bonus happened when someone suggested Scratch Cupcakes after our burritos. Maybe that's why I'm still carrying a few extra pounds after the holidays.

 Basketball has been great entertainment. I love going early to walk laps and always enjoy the games. I went to one of the men's games with a girlfriend and go to most all of the women's games. Walker's little neighbor friend, Livi likes the games too. Aren't they so cute together in their UNI gear?
 Walker enjoys the activity of the game and is a great fan with lots of clapping. He loves watching all of the people too. I'm so glad that Ashley is willing to haul the boys across the parking lots and up the stairs in the winter weather.


 Who wouldn't love a cruise through Farm and Fleet with the fun cart after the basketball game. Walker loved it and sat perfectly by Lincoln. We need two steering wheels! I've also found plenty of time for knitting and finished baby girl's stocking to have at her house in December. I just need to add the name later this year.


Here is a winter first, a carousel ride at the mall. The two dollar ride gave me a very patient toddler while I walked for an hour. 
  My walking has been a bit less since winter arrived but I still get over 10,000 steps a day. Most of those steps are indoors at the hospital or malls. I have gotten out in the streets a couple of times with Mowgli and that feels great. Of course I need to wear the spikes on my boots but I am hopeful that the streets may get some melting this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment