Sunday, March 23, 2014

Walker's Shower

 It was a wonderful brunch celebrating Walker. His great-aunt, Sandi (my sister) gave a beautiful baby shower on Saturday and we all had a great time. It was a wonderful collection of women who gathered to meet Walker and eat a delicious meal.
 Izzie, my great niece was the youngest. She loves babies as much as the grandmas!
 My niece, Chelsea was there too along with all of my siblings. Are these ladies second cousins? Cousins once removed? I do not know. In our family they are cousins!
 Great Aunt Cindy
Great Aunt Sandi
Great Aunt Jill 
Great Uncle Dan
Yes, a few boys were allowed too. Dan came by after the party was breaking up and Lincoln came along too because he loves a good party! I am so glad that we got to see Dan too.
 
 
 Ashley had a great time and got beautiful gifts. Both boys rode nicely in the car and that was a great gift also. It was so fun to get to introduce Walker when he was less than three weeks old.
 My sister-in-law, Vernell (Ashley's aunt and another great aunt to the boys) came to the party also. It was a special joy to share the day with Vernell. She has a recent diagnosis that will require quite a medical "adventure," as she says. Prayers for our wonderful Aunt Vernell would be appreciated.
 I love being surrounded by family and it was made even better by the presence of some very dear old friends. Darlene and my mom have been friends for more than fifty years. I love Darlene and she brings me such joy when she tells stories of my tantrums or sandbox adventures. Life long friends are one of my greatest gifts.
 Kelly and Ann are certainly life-long treasured friends. How thrilling to share grandchildren and decades past with the same women. If anyone in this world brings me laughter its most likely to be Kelly or Ann. This shower was for Walker but it was truly a gift for me to be surrounded by so many people that I love. It was a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment