Monday, February 17, 2014

Parmesan Spinach Cakes

When I saw this recipe I said, "I am certainly not making these." Ten minutes later I was in the kitchen mixing them up. What's a girl to do when she has a two and a half pound bag of spinach? Seriously, it's the size of a pillow. I am always looking for ways to add good nutrients to our meals and spinach is a good addition. I like Costco. Dale loves Costco. Hence the huge bag of spinach. It will get used. I have put lots of it through the food processor already, but on to the Parmesan Spinach Cakes.

I had all the ingredients and plenty of spinach so I headed to the kitchen and Dale followed me with the camera to document the vividly colored cakes. They are only seventy calories each and packed with nutrition and flavor. Cottage cheese, parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, minced garlic and lots of spinach were a good combination. If I make them again I will bake them a bit longer hoping for a better texture. It was a fun thing to try on a wintery day.


1 comment: