Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Florida Fun

The last weekend of January was a wonderful three days of Florida and friends for me. I was so excited to visit Bob and Chris again this year. I always love walking with Chris here at home but it's extra special when we get to walk the Gulf Coast of Florida together.
 It's impossible to tell but this gorgeous sunset was right behind Chris and me. Beers and sunset on the beach then we moved inside to hear a fantastic band for a couple of hours. There are so many fun places along the coast and Bob and Chris know where to go.
 

 John's Pass was new to me this year. The shops and music were fun but I was especially drawn to the area where the commercial fisherman were working and the birds were abundant. I just love the waterfowl in the southern climates and we got plenty of bird watching. I really love the pelicans who swoop by the balcony while we drink our morning coffee.


 
 
The food was so fresh and tasty. Chris is great in the kitchen and we ate lots of yummy things. After watching the fishermen loading huge grouper it was especially delicious to enjoy the grouper salad. A Saturday morning trip to the Flea Market and Farmers Market was "so Florida." The berries were the best that I have ever tasted and it was fun to see fresh fish on the tables with all the very fresh produce.

As much as I love the opportunity to explore new areas the biggest draw is to spend time with wonderful friends while enjoying this gorgeous water, sand and sky. I feel very fortunate to have that long weekend in Florida with Bob and Chris.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment