Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine Sleepover

It was the best Valentine sleepover and I took plenty of photos. This was the first time that Lincoln has spent the night with me. I offered mommy and daddy an opportunity for a Valentine date and they accepted. I had fun getting ready and looked forward to it for days.
Lincoln loves fruit so I stocked up on produce and made sure that he had lots of good options. I think that the fresh pineapple may be his favorite for now.
We got a beautiful light snow fall on our Valentine afternoon. Lincoln noticed and we went outside twice. I love being outside with him and look forward to spring and summer but it was so fun to watch him get excited about the snow falling from the sky.
When my kids were little I used to make a heart shaped meatloaf. They thought it was dorky and they were right but I made a mini heart shaped Italian meatloaf for Lincoln and me to share. He liked it but he really loved the macaroni and cheese.
I love bathtime and jammie time so much. Lincoln loves his bath and he got to play with my tub toys from the eighties! He must like being comfy and clean too because he slept for twelve hours. I was fully prepared for some night time wake up calls but it never happened.
Lincoln woke up happy and thrilled to crawl into bed with me. Well, he is mostly thrilled by the remote control for my ceiling fan and light. It's lots of fun, even first thing in the morning.
I love making good breakfasts for my overnight guests and was happy to find a healthy waffle recipe with whole wheat flour, bananas and applesauce. Lincoln was glad to help with the preparation and sat on the counter very patiently while we cooked. They were pretty yummy.

Lincoln even helped with some other household chores. Did you know that all of those little buttons on the dryer beep? It was a wonderful discovery.

Lincoln is so loving and generous with kisses and sharing food. It was a wonderful sleepover and I look forward to the next one too!

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! My two favorite are outside in the snow and sitting by the mixer!

    ReplyDelete