Friday, April 17, 2015

Month of March

March started off with Walker's first birthday and a big family celebration. He loves a party and so do I!
 Walker is changing so much, turning into a toddler but not in a hurry to walk. He gets around very well and is a good climber.

 We have also been celebrating the upcoming arrival of Jay and Briana's baby girl. We had a fun shower with friends and family in Mason City in March and celebrated in Cedar Falls with Briana's friends just this week. The due date is very close and we are excited.

 Briana's mom and my mom were all at the shower. This little girl will have lots of grandma love. Sandi is so gracious to host so many family showers and we always have a great time. It was especially fun to have baby Roman there this time.

 There were a few last basketball games in March and we do love being Panther fans. OK, so I love it and invite/encourage the rest of the family too! Part of March felt like winter but part of it felt warm enough to be summer.
 I loved getting Walker out in the sun, sand and water even if it was just in my backyard. He loved it lots too. There is no keeping him out of the fun messy stuff that his big brother is doing. He loves water and the sand and doesn't eat the sand, after the first day anyway.

Both boys love the sandbox and although it was a pretty spot for a garden the transformation to sand was a great decision. We all have so much fun digging and playing there.


Lincoln and I have gotten out for a few hikes. We even got to walk around Greenbelt Lake once. I hope there are lots of hikes ahead of us this year. 
I love seeing the boys together and they are finding new ways to interact. They both have opinions and a deep love for each other.



I made it to Des Moines one weekend in March. Dale and I enjoyed the city as well as a road trip to Pella to get some Dutch pasteries. Jarsma Bakery is so amazing and it was great to be back there after at least four years. We celebrated Felix's third birthday with lots of fun and frosting. It was a great little party. 
I even found time to visit a wonderful friend in Des Moines that has had a very difficult year. She is an amazing woman who has so many gifts including amazing hospitality in her sanctuary of a home. I am reminded of what a blessing friendship is in my life. I pray for Marti's healing and give thanks for the friends in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment